With Easter upon us, I have been looking for some fun, new recipes to try this year for our Easter feast. I am not super creative in the kitchen and love recipes that serve up a ton of flavor, in as little time as possible! I was recently introduced to Pioneer Gravy which has the scratch-made quality and has just three easy steps to prepare! Now that is speaking my culinary language!
Three Easy Steps to Pioneer Gravy
(which can be incorporated into SO many meals):
- Boil water.
- Mix gravy packet with cold water.
- Poor gravy mixture into water and stir.
That’s it. With Pioneer’s conveniently pre-portioned gravy mixes, it’s possible to save time without compromising the rich and flavorful taste. And there are so many Pioneer gravy mix options available!
These four are perfect for Easter meals:
Pioneer’s website is full of amazing recipes, and it piqued my interest when I saw a tab that read ’30 minutes or less’… the recipes I am sharing below can all be prepared and ready in under 30 minutes, but will taste like you worked in the kitchen all day. So that is a win/win!
1 package Pioneer Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix
4 ounces Large Macaroni, cooked
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 lb. Chicken, cubed and cooked
2 cups Mixed Vegetables
1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 420oF.
- Prepare Pioneer Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, fold together Pioneer Roasted Chicken Gravy, macaroni, cheddar cheese, chicken, and vegetables
- Transfer mixture to a 9×9-inch baking dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
2 cups Pioneer Roasted Chicken Gravy, prepared
8 Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
¼ cup Vegetable oil, divided
8 oz. Mushrooms, thinly sliced
¼ cup Onion, minced
1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
¾ cup Dry white wine
2 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. Thyme leaves, fresh ( 1 tsp. if using dried thyme)
¼ cup Heavy cream
- PREHEAT conventional oven to 375°F.
- PREPARE Pioneer Roasted Chicken Gravy, per package instructions, set aside.
- ADD 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil the chicken thighs in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper as desired.
- PLACE seasoned chicken thighs on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- POUR the remaining vegetable oil (2 tbsp.) in a large sauté pan and cook the mushrooms over high heat until golden brown.
- ADD the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Then, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine and reduce the liquid by half.
- PLACE butter and thyme leaves in the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the reserved 2 cups of gravy and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- ADD the heavy cream to the mushroom sauce and stir to combine. Serve the sauce over the cooked chicken and serve any extra sauce on the side.
Tip: Egg noodles, pasta, or rice would be a great complement to this delicious chicken dish!
2 cups Pioneer Roast Pork Gravy, prepared
¼ cup Olive oil
1 lb. Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
1 tsp. Salt
1 cup Apple cider
½ tsp. Thyme, dried (1 tbsp. if using fresh, picked, thyme)
- PREPARE Pioneer Roast Pork Gravy, per package instructions, set aside.
- ADD olive oil to large sauté pan and then fill the bottom of the pans with as many cut side-down Brussels sprouts as will fit. Add the remaining Brussels sprouts on top. Season with salt.
- SET flame to medium-high and sear the Brussels sprouts, stir to sear as many Brussels sprouts as you can, continuing to sear until most are a deep brown.
- ADD apple cider and prepared gravy to pan with Brussels sprouts, carefully as it will boil quickly, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover pan with lid.
- COOK for about 5 minutes, until half of the liquid has evaporated. Then remove lid and continue to cook until gravy is thick, and Brussels sprouts are soft (3-5 minutes).
- GARNISH with thyme and serve.
Tip: have a lid close by when adding the cider and the gravy as the liquid will boil quickly and may splatter. This is necessary to steam/braise the Brussels quickly and properly.
Pioneer products can be found locally at Target, Pick N Save, HyVee and Walmart! For more information and easy peasy recipe ideas, check out Pioneer Foods:
Pioneer products have been served at kitchen tables to Presidential dining rooms since
1851. Inside every bag, box and package is a long and proud Texas family heritage, manufacturing expertise, a devotion to quality and superior taste. Created with premium ingredients, Pioneer makes it simple to serve scratch made quality with a personal touch.