Headquartered right here in Wisconsin, Organic Valley is a cooperative owned by organic farmers and is best known for their high quality animal care standards and their nutritious, delicious organic milk. As an animal lover, it’s important to me to know that the products my family consumes are ethical and made with care.
Organic Valley truly goes above and beyond to pour all their love into providing their animals with the best care, which makes for delicious and nutritious milk – and happy, healthy families!
How Organic Valley Makes Happy Cows
Organic Valley farmers place importance on high quality animal care standards and to making sure their herds are happy. Here are just a few of the benefits:
THEY ARE OUTSIDE MORE. We all know that there are tons of benefits to being outside. It’s true for us and it’s also true for animals! Organic Valley cows are outside on pasture 50 percent more than the USDA organic standards require leading to happy cows.
THEY EAT A PASTURE-BASED DIET. Eating a nutritious diet is central to overall health. And because of all the time that Organic Valley cows spend outside on pasture, they have lots of nutrient-rich grass in their diet. The nutrients they get from a pasture-based diet helps keep them healthy and feeling good – and also helps make high quality milk.
THEY EXPRESS THEIR NATURAL BEHAVIORS. Playing is good for all of us! Organic Valley farmers create an environment where animals can freely express their natural behaviors – like grazing, roaming, and playing on pasture.
SMALLER HERDS = MORE TIME FOR LOVE. Given that Organic Valley farmers are a cooperative made up of small family farms – it allows for smaller herd sizes. In turn the farmers have more time to love on each cow. The Organic Valley farmers care deeply about the care of their cows. Each cow has it’s own personality and that uniqueness is able to shine through! Many of the farmers even name their cows — as we do our pets!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Granola
Our family drinks organic milk every morning – and one of our favorite ways to consume milk is through smoothies. They are a go-to most mornings and I feel good knowing that they are every bit as nutritious as they are delicious!
- 1 medium banana
- 2 cups Organic Valley whole milk
- 2 scoops Simply Tera’s Organic Bourbon Vanilla Protein Powder (or Dark Chocolate or Plain Unsweetened)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (or 8-10 large whole berries)
- ¼ cup honey-oat granola (or similar flavor)
- Optional add ins: 1 Tbsp. chia seeds, ⅓ cup frozen (or 1 cup fresh) spinach
- Blend banana, strawberries, milk and Simply Tera’s Organic Protein Powder until smooth. Divide into glasses (6 to 8 oz. servings for kids; 8 to 12 oz. for adults), and top each with 1 tablespoon granola. Makes about 4 cups.
- If making smoothies for young children, feel free to blend the granola into the smoothie.
- If desired, add 1 tablespoon chia seeds for extra protein and fiber, or fresh or frozen spinach for a veggie boost.
Where to Find Organic Valley Products in Madison
Did you know Organic Valley has a whole lineup of dairy products your family will love? From milk to cheese, eggs to sour cream you can use Organic Valley products in all sorts of ways. You can easily search for locations with Organic Valley products by using their store locator.
We have always loved Organic Valley – not only do we genuinely love the products, we also love supporting Wisconsin farmers!