Snow tubing is a family friendly winter activity for everyone – from toddlers to adults! We first went to Cascade Mountain (just north of Madison) when my kids were 5 and (3 year old twins), and everyone had a blast! At Cascade Mountain, we were able to link two tubes together – but by the end of it, my 5 year old was comfortable going down the hill by herself. No experience is needed and tubes are provided.
*You will want to check the rules/age requirements for each before you head out. It is helpful if your ratio of adults to children under 7 is at least 1:1, though we managed with a ratio of 2 adults to 3 children at Cascade Mountain! Children cannot ride on laps, but most will allow you to link at least 2 tubes. Please also check their websites for Covid policies.
**We are presenting the options — we encourage you to research online/FB reviews to see what options work best for your family!
Near Madison, WI (less than an hour drive)
Who can snow tube?
Anyone who is able to ride the lift and the tube by themselves. We do not have any restrictions on age, height, etc. It is up to the parent/guardian to determine if the child can safely snow tube alone. We do allow an adult to “link” to the child’s tube, but the child should be able to link correctly.
Can more than one person ride in a tube?
We allow one person per tube. We do allow children to “link” to an adult/guardian tube. Two tubes linked together maximum. Linking may not be allowed based on conditions. Linking is not allowed on fast day
- Children under 43” tall must ride in a double tube with parent or guardian.
- NO child is allowed to ride in the lap of another rider.
- NO kneeling or standing while riding down the hill or up the lift.
- NO more than (3) tubes can be bound together at one time. ( conditions permitting)
- Lap-riding is only allowed with a parent and child. Children cannot ride on the same tube together.
- Children under the age of 7 need to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Within 2 hours or less of Madison, WI
The Rock Snowpark | Greendale, WI | Website (36″ height requirement)
Nordic Mountain | Wild Rose, WI | Website (42″ height requirement)
Wilmot Mountain | Wilmot, WI | Website (42″ height recommended)