Madison, WI: One of Madison’s most iconic summer hotspots is now open! The Terrace is now open 3–10 pm daily (weather permitting) by reservation only. Reservations can be made via OpenTable. Reservations cannot be made via phone. The Memorial Union and Union South remain closed.
The Terrace will be more like a traditional restaurant, by reservation only, to ensure everyone is safe and socially-distanced. While you will need to plan ahead and follow some new procedures, the iconic sunburst chairs, beautiful lake views, gorgeous sunsets, and your food favs are still available!
Hours Of Operation:
Opening Day: June 22
Hours: 2 pm – 10 pm daily
Weather permitting. We close in inclement weather.
Before You Go:
- Make a reservation on OpenTable for a group of up to 6 (up to one day in advance). Please note: Seating is for members of the same household.
- One person per reservation needs one of the following:
- Wisconsin Union Membership
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Membership
- UW-Madison staff, faculty or student ID (Wiscard)
- Active Military ID
- Purchase a single-day $5 guest membership (open to everyone) if needed.
- Download the Grubhub app to be ready to order food & beverages. (No carry-ins.)
When You Arrive:
- Enter on the east side of Memorial Union (near Alumni Park).
- Show your ID: Wisconsin Union membership, Wisconsin Alumni Association membership, UW-Madison faculty, staff, students ID, active Military ID or $5 single-day guest pass.
- Show your Open Table Reservation (Smart phone required)
The Fine Print & More:
- IDs will be checked at entry. Only one patron per reservation needs to have proof of Wisconsin Union or Wisconsin Alumni Association membership or a UW-Madison staff, faculty or student ID. Anyone can be a member! $5 single-day memberships available here.
- Each reservation has a maximum stay of 1½ hours.
- Food and Beverage: A food and/or beverage purchase is required at the Terrace restaurant. Carry-ins are not allowed.
- Campus parking lots are open and FREE!
- Restrooms available indoors.
- The Memorial Union building will remain closed, except for restroom access for Terrace patrons.
- Exit on the west side of the Terrace near Lake Street.
- The Terrace is only open when weather allows and will close for inclement weather.