Madison, WI: As busy moms, getting sick (or having a sick child) can totally throw a wrench in our plans. The thought of sitting in a waiting room (with other sick people while potentially being exposed to MORE germs) can be dreadful. Or calling first thing in the morning for an office visit, only to discover that your doctor is already full for the day. Or furthermore, when you are fairly certain you know your condition based on your symptoms – but still have to be seen in order to get the treatment you need… but you really don’t have time or energy to leave your home. Well, now you don’t have to!
Enter SSM Health. You can now consult an SSM Health provider online about most minor illnesses. And the best part? It’s only $25 (no insurance required). No appointment. No waiting rooms. And in Wisconsin, providers will respond Monday through Friday from 7 am to 8 pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm.
You can access Virtual Visit from any web-enabled device – smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. And all the information you provide is encrypted and protected.
Here’s How it Works
- Complete an Online Health Interview: 5-15 Minutes
- Answer a series of questions about how you are feeling and the symptoms you are experiencing—just as you would during an in-office visit.
- You may be asked to provide photos of areas of concern, such as a wound – pictures can be sent from your computer or phone.
- Your answers will be submitted to a provider for review.
- Provider Reviews: Within 1 hour
- A provider from SSM Health reviews your responses and creates a treatment plan, which may include a prescription if necessary.
- You’ll be notified when the results are available, usually within 1 hour during office hours, or first thing the next morning if the visit is completed after hours.
- Note that if you cannot be treated online, you will NOT be charged.
- Prescription: 2-3 Minutes
- If a prescription is part of your treatment plan, you’ll be able to send your prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.
Most Commonly Treated Conditions with Virtual Visits
- Cold + Upper Respiratory Infection
- Sinus Infection
- Female Bladder Infection (UTI)
- Pink Eye
- Yeast Infection
- Click here for a full list of treatable conditions via virtual visits.
You will be provided care from the same trusted SSM Health providers (Medical Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant) you would see if you visited one of the clinics. That means, whether online or in person, you’ll receive top-notch care and will be on the road to recovery. Click here to learn more or to begin a virtual office visit!