(Madison, WI): Tri 4 Schools, (a Madison, WI nonprofit that provides multi-sport events and programs that empower kids, schools, and communities to be healthy and happy) has announced their 2021 race schedule.
Waunakee Family Trail Run | May 15
They will kick off with their Waunakee Family Trail Run, on May 15, 2021 at Ripp Park. This race will also offer an at-home option – so anyone can participate from wherever they are! This event will offer a 2-mile course, a 1-mile course, and a 1/2-mile course. All course distances are available within all start wave times so that family members who may be running different course distances may all start their races within the same wave. Participants will start individually, or as a family unit, to allow for social distancing.
Sun Prairie Kids Bike + Run | June 19
The Sun Prairie Kids Bike+Run event will take place June 19, 2021 at Prairie Athletic Club. This race will also offer an at-home option – so anyone can participate from wherever they are!
Long Course (recommended ages 12-14): 4-mile bike, 1-mile run
Medium Course (recommended ages 7-10): 2-mile bike, 0.5-mile run
Short Course (recommended ages 3-6): 0.5-mile bike, 0.2-mile run
Click here to register for the Sun Prairie Kids Bike + Run!
Middleton Kids Triathlon | August 21
The Middleton Kids Triathlon will take place August 21, 2021 at Bauman Aquatic Center. This race will also offer an at-home option – so anyone can participate from wherever they are!
Long Course (recommended ages 11-14): Swim 100 yards, Bike 4.5 miles, Run 1.1 miles
Medium Course (recommended ages 7-10): Swim 50 yards, Bike 2.25 miles, Run 0.8 mile
Intermediate Course (recommended ages 7-10): Swim 25 yards, Bike 2.25 miles, Run 0.8 mile
Short Course (recommended ages 3-6): Swim 25 yards, Bike 0.5 mile, Run 0.8 mile
Click here to register for the Middleton Kids Triathlon!
Tri 4 Schools has always balanced fun, safety and accessibility – and 2021 is no different. 2020 brought many challenges to in-person events and races and we are thrilled that Tri 4 Schools has adapted their offerings and pivoted to make it possible for children to race safely again this summer!
Participants will receive a medal and will have an opportunity to stand on the award podium after crossing the finished line during these timed events.
Tri 4 Schools Impact + Volunteering
Tri 4 Schools is also currently looking for volunteers to help these events run smoothly. You can learn more here.
Every year, Tri 4 Schools donates thousands of dollars to schools to support everything from mindfulness programs to new equipment for phys-ed classes. They have supported over 200 local schools and hosted over 10,000 local athletes in their events – and have given back over $375,000 to Madison, WI area schools!
Here are a few things you can expect when participating in a Tri 4 Schools event in 2021:
- All event activities are outdoors, which allows for good air circulation and opportunities for social distancing.
- Packet pickup has been redesigned to be no/low contact, with options to pick up the day before the race or on the race morning.
- Any participant, volunteer, or spectator who is experiencing any illness symptoms, or has tested positive for COVID, or is waiting for a COVID test result, or is a close contact to someone who has recently tested positive for COVID, should refrain from attending the event.
- Hand washing and sanitizing will be available at the race site, and common surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- Even with the return to in-person racing, they will continue to offer an “at-home” option for any participants who would prefer to complete their race at home.