Cozy in and enjoy these yummy cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning … or any morning when you want a special treat!
Wisconsin Dairy Farmers Eggnog Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
**Makes 12 servings
3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2 tablespoons sugar
1 packet (2 ¼ teaspoons) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup eggnog
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
2 large eggs
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 container (8 ounces) Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Mascarpone Cheese
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons eggnog
freshly grated nutmeg
Homemade Rolls Instructions:
- Combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl. Warm eggnog and butter to 120°F -130°F in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until combined. Beat in eggs, one at time, beating each until well combined. Add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until dough clears sides of bowl (dough will be sticky).
- Knead dough in mixer or turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-7 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl. Flip to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead a few times by hand. Shape dough into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand for 10 minutes. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a 20 x 15-inch rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick.
Pecan Filling Instructions:
- Spread butter on dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Combine the brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl; sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up dough, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 12 slices. Place slices cut side down in two greased 9-inch round baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on a wire rack.
Vanilla Eggnog Frosting Instructions:
Beat the mascarpone, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggnog, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. Spread over warm rolls. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Recipe Tip: Milk can be substituted for eggnog, and a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish works with this recipe.